Shrimp and Corn Packets
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The gifts of Mother Nature are endless! You'll love this easy-to-throw-together flavor-packed recipe for fresh, sweet corn and plump shrimp that steam to perfection in the oven or on the grill in disposable foil packets. Just unwrap and serve!
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 ears sweet corn, husked and halved
- 2 large bell peppers (1 red, 1 green), cut into long strips
- 4 scallions (green onions), sliced
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, and salt; mix well. Add corn, peppers, scallions, and shrimp; toss until evenly coated.
- Divide mixture evenly in center of four 14" x 18" pieces of foil. Wrap foil securely, leaving room for steam to circulate; seal edges tightly.
- Place packets on a large baking sheet and bake 15 minutes, or place on a preheated grill and cook 10 minutes. Open packets carefully, as steam may be released.
It is best to eat corn the day it is purchased. However, it can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days until ready to use.
For more simple Foil Packet recipes, return to our collection page!
Recipe courtesy of Fresh Supersweet Corn Council. For more information and recipes, go to www.sunshinesweetcorn.com.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got what we think is the Best Broccoli Salad, and we're betting you'll agree! This garden-fresh broccoli salad is tossed in a creamy homemade dressing and livened up with a few surprises, so it's sure to be one of your favorite easy broccoli recipes for potluck parties! But nothing says you have to take this recipe to a party. This easy broccoli salad is perfect for summer lunches or as a fresh dinner dish. It has just the right amount of creamy flavor to make this broccoli salad a recipe you'll want to make again and again.