We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Want to know why we call this recipe an "Island Delight?" It got its name because every bite of this Polynesian Shrimp brings you a little bit closer to paradise! Try out this recipe and see for yourself!
What You'll Need
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple tidbits in juice
- 1 (6-ounce) package frozen snow peas, thawed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen cooked medium shrimp, thawed
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Warm cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
What to Do
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Place drained pineapple, snow peas, and red bell pepper in a 3-quart slow cooker.
- Whisk together cornstarch, chicken broth, reserved pineapple juice, the soy sauce, and next 3 ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until thickened. Add sauce to pineapple and vegetables in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 1-1/2 to 2 hours. Stir in shrimp; cover and cook on LOW setting 30 more minutes or until heated through. Add vinegar, and stir gently. Serve over warm rice. Top each serving with toasted sesame seeds.