Quick as a Wink Shrimp
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Ding dong? The doorbell is ringing and you need an appetizer in a flash! You can make this from start to finish in about 10 minutes. Is that quick enough?!
What You'll Need
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) butter
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound medium-sized raw shrimp, shelled, with tails left on, and deveined (20 to 25 shrimp per pound)
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat until melted. Add Italian seasoning, brown sugar, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper. Stir in shrimp and stir-fry 4 to 5 minutes, until shrimp turns pink. Do not overcook or the shrimp will be tough.
- Place shrimp on a serving dish and pour sauce from the skillet over it. Serve immediately.
Shrimp are often sold according to the count per pound. I like to buy the ones that come 16 to 20 per pound or 20 to 25 per pound, but here's a great way to take advantage of whichever size is on sale.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This easy yet elegant version of prime rib will rival anything you can find at the fanciest restaurant. Our Test Kitchen made sure that this one is low on work and high on good taste. Perfect for holiday entertaining or enjoying all year long.