The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Special Day Shrimp
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
You'll want to spoon a large helping of this slow-simmered tomato and seafood sauce on top of your favorite pasta. Heck, we bet you could just eat it alone. Yeah, it's that good. The day you try this easy recipe you'll understand why we call it Special Day Shrimp.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained and coarsely chopped
- Dash of salt
- 1 to 1-1/4 pound medium-sized shrimp, cooked and peeled
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Saut the onion, garlic, and red pepper until the onion is just transparent.
- Add the parsley, oregano, basil, tomatoes and their juice, and salt; stir thoroughly.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the shrimp, cover, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more.
Serve over linguine or your favorite pasta. And go ahead and use chopped clams, scallops, or crabmeat instead of shrimp, if you prefer.