The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Lighten Up! 20 Tasty Healthy Recipes for the New Year from Mr. Food
Spicy Boiled Shrimp
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
Just mention a shrimp boil and watch everyone come running. So our advice is: Don't be skimpy when planning the amount of shrimp for our Spicy Boiled Shrimp!
What You'll Need
- 8 cups water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup seafood seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
What to Do
- In a large pot, bring all the ingredients except shrimp to a boil over high heat.
- Remove from heat, add shrimp, cover, and let stand 10 to 15 minutes to allow shrimp to cook and the flavors to marry.
There's only one way to really enjoy these boiled shirmp: served with the broth in a bowl over rice. We like to serve hearty bread for dunking, too.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lemon-Caper Fish Fillets
Did you know fish is the ultimate fast food? We're not talking about the stuff you get at a drive thru. These sunny-tasting fish fillets cooks up in just 8 minutes! You read that right. Our Lemon-Capers Fish Fillets combine lemon juice and the tangy flavor of capers to add just the right amount of "wow" to this easy dinner recipe!