Slow Roasted Chicken with White Wine Jus
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Forget the roasted chicken from the deli! With a minimum amount of prep time, this version is just as convenient. Plus, you get all the tasty 'au jus' to serve over your chicken and side dish.
What You'll Need
- 1 (5- to 6-pound) whole chicken
- 1 (1-ounce) package Ranch seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
What to Do
Cut chicken in half lengthwise. In a small bowl, stir together seasoning mix and oil; rub chicken with mixture.
Place chicken halves breast side down in a 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH setting 1 hour. Reduce heat to LOW setting, and cook 4 hours or until done. Remove chicken from slow cooker, reserving drippings.
- Place a resealable plastic freezer bag inside a 2-cup glass measuring cup. Pour drippings into bag; led stand 10 minutes (fat will rise to the top). Seal bag; carefully snip off 1 bottom corner of bag. Drain drippings into a small saucepan, stopping before fat layer reaches opening; discard fat and bag. Add wine and vinegar to saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Serve over chicken.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These tender Fall-off-the-Bone Short Ribs get their flavor from our secret ingredient that's sure to surprise you! Wanna know what it is? A crumbled slice of Pumpernickle bread! This recipe is a hearty, stick-to-your ribs recipe (no pun intended) that is perfect anytime of the year!