Apple Harvest Pockets
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
With our hectic lifestyles, we always seem to be eating on the run. That's why these apple harvest pockets work so well. Not only are they portable, but they're packed with good-for-us apples and cinnamon.
What You'll Need
- 1 (15-ounce) (15-ounce) package refrigerated rolled pie crusts
- 2 cups peeled, diced apples (see Option)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Caramel topping (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Unroll the pie crusts and place on a cutting board. Cut each crust into quarters, making 8 wedges total.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, sugar, flour, and cinnamon; mix well.
- Spoon 1/3 cup of the apple mixture on one half of each wedge. Fold the wedge over the filling. With a fork, crimp the edges to seal the dough. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Cut several small slits in the top of each to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until light golden. Serve warm or cool as is, or drizzle with caramel topping and serve with ice cream.
A 21-ounce can of apple pie filling can be used in place of the apples, sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Bake up a tried-and-true favorite with our recipe for Homestyle Buttermilk Cake. This cake will remind you of all the times grandma would call you to the table and have a large slice and a glass of milk waiting for you. It's such a classic!