Alabama Fire Crackers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When it comes to easy snack recipes, it doesn't get much easier or tastier than our Alabama Fire Crackers! Made with saltine crackers, and a variety of spices with just enough kick, this southern snack recipe comes from The Ultimate Recipes Across America Cookbook. You can make a big batch, and have them on hand whenever the craving strikes!
What You'll Need
- 1 (1-ounce) packet dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 sleeves (1/2 box) saltine crackers
What to Do
- In a 2-gallon resealable plastic bag, combine dressing mix, red pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper; mix well. Add oil and mix well.
- Place crackers in bag, seal, and gently turn bag over several times until crackers are evenly coated, being careful not to break up crackers. Allow to sit about 1 hour before gently turning again. Let bag sit overnight. Store crackers in bag or an airtight container until ready to serve.
Test Kitchen Tip
- If you don’t have any 2-gallon bags, you can split the seasoning mix and crackers evenly into 2 (1-gallon) bags.
- For more southern snack recipes, check out our Good Ol' Southern Deviled Eggs and these perfectly scrumptious Southern Chicken and Waffle Bites!
- Indulge in your sweet tooth with our creamy Banana Pudding Dream or these delectable Hummingbird Muffins!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For more southern favorites, download our free eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These from-scratch pumpkin pancakes are the perfect way to start off your weekend! Our recipe uses pumpkin pie filling to bring the comforting feeling of fall right to your kitchen. Make sure to top them with a bit of butter and a lot of syrup for a pumpkin taste straight from heaven! Whether you're making it for the grown-ups, the kids, or both, everyone will love our cozy Pumpkin Patch Pancakes.