We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you like crispy-fried onion strings, like the kind that are popular in restaurants, then you'll love this 5-ingredient recipe for easy, homemade, Onion Strings. They're simple to make, but the end results will leave you feeling like a restaurant chef. Whether you make them for tasty nibbling or as a main dish topper, these onion strings are always a hit! We consider them a simple yet fancy way to say ..."OHH IT'S SO GOOD!!"
What You'll Need
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Place onion rings in flour, coat well, then carefully place in hot oil.
- Fry onions 6 to 8 minutes, or until golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate, and serve immediately.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- These Onion Strings are yummy as is, but you can sprinkle them with salt before serving, if you'd like.
- Use these to fancy up a juicy steak, top off a chef's salad (instead of croutons), or however else you like!
- And if you love fried onions any which way, then be sure to check out our recipe for Crispy Buttermilk Onion Rings too!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
There's nothing more warm and cozy than a big bowl of chicken soup. And when we're looking for a way to add even more heartiness to our bowls, noodles aren't the only option - wild rice is great too! Our Chicken & Wild Rice Soup is a warm-ya-up favorite that's full of flavor.