Better-for-You Chip Dip
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you love chips and dip, but could do without the extra fat, then you're going to love this Better-for-You Chip Dip. Made with low-fat sour cream, and some deliciously sneaky (and healthy!) chick peas, this onion dip is good for you and good to eat!
What You'll Need
- 1 (15- to 19-ounce) can garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained and cup liquid reserved
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
What to Do
- In a blender or food processor, purée the chick peas and 1/2 cup liquid until smooth and creamy.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add puréed chick peas and mix well with a spoon. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container until ready to use.
- If you don't have fresh parsley on hand, go ahead and use 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes instead.
- We like to serve this dip with crisp, fresh cut veggies, or baked chips!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Whether love is in the air, or you're just hanging out with a good friend, we have the perfect dinner for two! Our Garlic Steamed Clams are seasoned to perfection! Plus, when you serve 'em up with a side of cheesy bread, we bet that no matter what the occasion, you'll have a night to remember!