Fruit Roll Sushi
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Let's make sushi! Not a fan of sushi? No worries. Today Howard is making a fun and fruity way to enjoy an iconic Japanese dish while you watch the summer games. This sweet and crunchy twist on traditional sushi is sure to be a hit with adults and kids alike. So, gather around the table and get rolling!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 marshmallows
- 2 cups crispy toasted rice cereal
- 4 (4-1/2-inch) square fruit roll-ups (1/2 ounce each)
- 6 assorted licorice or fruit twist sticks, cut in half crosswise
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat and stir in cereal until completely coated.
- On a flat surface, unroll fruit roll-ups. Spread equal amounts of cereal mixture over each roll-up, covering entire surface and packing mixture flat.
- Place 3 different-colored licorice or fruit twists in center of each and roll tightly into a log, sealing where edges meet. Squeeze rolls gently to secure. Using a serrated knife, trim ends and slice into 1-inch pieces. Serve, or store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- To give your snacks the most variety and color, use different-colored and -flavored fruit roll-ups and licorice or fruit twist sticks. And if you can't find different-colored licorice, you can even use gummy worms.
- Need more homemade desserts for the kids? Try our Dirty Cups!
- Plus, for more kid-friendly recipes, check out our collection for Throwback Peanut Butter and Jelly Recipes.