All American Fish Chowder
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mild and mellow U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish is the star of this chunky, rich All-American Fish Chowder that's hearty enough to ladle up and enjoy as a main dish.
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 6 cups (1-1/2 quarts) milk
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups instant mashed potato flakes
What To Do:
In a soup pot over medium-high heat, combine all ingredients except potato flakes.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in potato flakes and simmer 3 to 5 additional minutes, or until thickened. Serve immediately.
Want even more tasty soups and stews? Check out our free eCookbook, Comfort Food for the Soul: 40 of Our Best Stews and Easy Soup Recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The award for most Oscar-worthy snack goes to...Red Carpet Popcorn Crunch! (Hey, just because you weren't invited to the Governor's Ball doesn't mean you can't have some delicious fun!) This recipe is 5-ingredient easy and is perfect for nibbling on while you watch to see who the next big winner will be.