New England Clam Chowder
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1-3/4 cups
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
- READY IN
- 40 Min
Can't make it to New England for a bowl of cream-style "chowda" this week? No problem! Our New England Clam Chowder tastes like it came straight from a small seaside shack. Top each bowl with some oyster crackers and you're all set!
What You'll Need:
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 ounces salt pork, diced
- 2 (6.5-ounce) cans chopped clams
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
What To Do:
- In a soup pot over medium heat, sauté onion and salt pork 5 to 7 minutes, or until they begin to brown.
- Add clams, clam juice, chicken broth, potato, salt, and pepper; cover and bring to a boil. Cook, covered, 12 to 15 minutes, or until potato is tender.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 1/2 cup heavy cream; add to soup. Add remaining 1-1/2 cups cream and the parsley, if desired; cook 5 minutes, or until thickened, stirring frequently.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
One bite of this veggie side dish and everyone at the table will be saying "This is My Favorite Spaghetti Squash!" We've made this low-carb dish a little cheesy, a little creamy, and a lot flavorful, so that everyone at the table will enjoy!