New England Clam Chowder
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Can't make it to New England for a bowl of cream-style "chowda" this week? No problem! Our New England Clam Chowder tastes like it came straight from a small seaside shack. Top each bowl with some oyster crackers and you're all set!
What You'll Need
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 ounces salt pork, diced
- 2 (6.5-ounce) cans chopped clams
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium heat, sauté onion and salt pork 5 to 7 minutes, or until they begin to brown.
- Add clams, clam juice, chicken broth, potato, salt, and pepper; cover and bring to a boil. Cook, covered, 12 to 15 minutes, or until potato is tender.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 1/2 cup heavy cream; add to soup. Add remaining 1-1/2 cups cream and the parsley, if desired; cook 5 minutes, or until thickened, stirring frequently.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 744
- Calories from Fat 515
- Total Fat 57g 88 %
- Saturated Fat 32g 159 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 31g 63 %
- Cholesterol 221mg 74 %
- Sodium 1,284mg 53 %
- Total Carbohydrates 31g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.6g 10 %
- Sugars 2.4g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe was inspired by Elvis, who had a love for all things peanut butter, bananas, and bacon! We may not be able to perform rock 'n' roll like our good friend, Terry Buchwald, but our Peanut Butter Banana French Toast Bake is our way of paying tribute to the King.