Cheesy Potato Soup
Get ready for one of the best cheesy potato soup recipes you've ever had!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you want warm, comfort food but don't have the time, then looking to something like instant potato soup is the next logical step. But how do you make potato soup with instant potatoes while keeping the rich, flavorful, and satisfying taste of slow-cooked soup? The answer is making our delicious Cheese Potato Soup!
With a soup this comforting, you'd never guess that it took under 10 minutes to make (but it does). Do not make this Cheesy Potato Soup unless you're planning on serving it with plenty of crusty bread for dunking. It's so creamy and good, you wouldn't want to leave one drop behind.
What You'll Need
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups (1 pint) half-and-half
- 2 1/2 cups instant mashed potato flakes
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
Want more quick potato recipes? We've picked our favorite easy potato recipes from everyone's restaurant favorite Loaded "Baked" Potato soup to the sweet and salty combo of Potato Chip Fudge -- and everything in between. Check it out here: 15 Easy Potato Recipes
Cheesy Potato Soup Recipe Instructions
- In a soup pot over medium heat, bring chicken broth and half-and-half to a boil.
- Stir in potato flakes, cheese, and pepper; mix well. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Top with more cheese and scallions, and serve immediately.
Check out our easy recipe for State Fair Herb Bread for some really fine dunkin': State Fair Herb Bread
What's your favorite comfort food?
Let us know!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.