Chilled Strawberry Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Why not start off a summer meal with this fresh puréed fruit soup? It's cool, refreshing, and it mixes up in a snap!
What You'll Need
- 2 bags (16 ounces each) frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
What to Do
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the strawberries and apple juice concentrate over medium heat. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the water and cornstarch, stirring until smooth. Add the cornstarch mixture to the soup pot and stir constantly for 1 minute or until thick and clear.
- Allow to cool, then pour into a blender and purée for 5 to 10 seconds or until the mixture is smooth and frothy.
- Transfer to a large bowl, cover, and chill for 2 hours or until ready to serve. Just before serving, stir in the yogurt.
You can substitute 4 cups of sliced fresh strawberries for the frozen ones if you have fresh berries on hand.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone wants to feel a little special during the holiday. An easy--and tasty--way to do that is to shake up Christmas dinner with our Lemon-Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens! Once you roast up these tender hens, you can serve everyone their own perfectly-sized main dish! It'll be the juiciest and most flavorful Christmas dinner the family has ever had.