Italian Chicken Tortellini Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This recipe for Italian Chicken Tortellini Soup was sent to us by Jaye, in Florida. She made this easy Italian soup for her son throughout the years, from the time he started eating to today, when he's a grown man. Full of flavor and love, this is one soup recipe that's sure to warm the hearts and bellies of your loved ones.
What You'll Need
- 1 (10-ounce) package hot Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 2 (16-ounce) cans chicken stock
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (16-ounce) can crushed tomato with basil
- Grated Parmesan cheese for sprinkling
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen whole grain rolls, baked according to package directions
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, combine the sausage with a little water, then add onion and garlic and cook until sausage is browned and onion is beginning to caramelize. Remove sausage and cut into bite-sized slices, then return to skillet and add chicken. Reduce heat to low; stir to combine.
- In a soup pot over high heat, bring chicken stock to a boil; add tortellini and cook 5 minutes, then add vegetables and tomatoes and simmer 5 more minutes. Add sausage and chicken mixture and simmer 10 more minutes. Ladle soup into bowls, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and serve with warm rolls.
Check This Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Saturated Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 0.0g 0 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 0.0mg 0 %
- Total Carbohydrates 0.0g 0 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0 %
- Sugars 0.0g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You may be serving pasta as the main dish, but when you serve our recipe for Crispy Sesame Artichokes on the side, you're going to have yourself a main attraction. These tender-cooked artichoke hearts are crispy-coated and full of flavor. Plus, they taste even better when dipped into our creamy lemon sauce!