Italian Chicken Tortellini Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This recipe for Italian Chicken Tortellini Soup was sent to us by Jaye, in Florida. She made this easy Italian soup for her son throughout the years, from the time he started eating to today, when he's a grown man. Full of flavor and love, this is one soup recipe that's sure to warm the hearts and bellies of your loved ones.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (10-ounce) package hot Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 2 (16-ounce) cans chicken stock
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (16-ounce) can crushed tomato with basil
- Grated Parmesan cheese for sprinkling
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen whole grain rolls, baked according to package directions
What To Do:
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, combine the sausage with a little water, then add onion and garlic and cook until sausage is browned and onion is beginning to caramelize. Remove sausage and cut into bite-sized slices, then return to skillet and add chicken. Reduce heat to low; stir to combine.
- In a soup pot over high heat, bring chicken stock to a boil; add tortellini and cook 5 minutes, then add vegetables and tomatoes and simmer 5 more minutes. Add sausage and chicken mixture and simmer 10 more minutes. Ladle soup into bowls, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and serve with warm rolls.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 583
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 20g 30 %
- Saturated Fat 7.0g 35 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 37g 73 %
- Cholesterol 87mg 29 %
- Sodium 1,316mg 55 %
- Total Carbohydrates 66g 22 %
- Dietary Fiber 9.0g 36 %
- Sugars 7.9g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These peanut butter muffins are worth a presidential seal of approval - they're that good! Our Presiential Peanut Muffins are crazy-moist and are topped with a nutty streusel mixture that makes them addictively-good. You won't want to pass up on these!