Creamy Pimiento Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This creamy recipe for homemade Creamy Pimiento Soup gets its special taste from pimientos which are similar to roasted red peppers.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can (10½ ounces) condensed chicken broth
- 1 jar (7½ ounces) pimientos, drained
- 1/2 small onion, quartered
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a large saucepan and heat the mixture over medium-high heat until it reaches a boil, stirring frequently.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the soup is smooth and slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
To make your soup look extra special, top each serving with some chopped fresh parsley and a thin slice of lemon.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 204
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12g 19 %
- Saturated Fat 7.3g 36 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 8.9g 18 %
- Cholesterol 33mg 11 %
- Sodium 603mg 25 %
- Total Carbohydrates 16g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 5 %
- Sugars 8.2g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You don't have to wait for an invitation to enjoy this bean soup! Inspired by the one that's been served at the Senate Dining Room since the early 20th century, our U.S. Senate Bean Soup is a true winner. Between the rich broth, the chunks of smoky ham, and the tender-cooked beans, it's hard to choose what we love best about it!