Hearty Chicken & Corn Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The kids are back in school and there's a slight chill in the air; how about something warm and comforting for dinner? Our Hearty Chicken & Corn Soup is going to warm up your kitchen and the hearts of everyone gathered around the kitchen table. There's nothing better than a creamy soup studded with corn, spinach, potatoes, and tender chicken. This is hearty and comforting at its best.
What You'll Need
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 (14-3/4-ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium heat, melt butter; sauté onion and carrots 5 to 6 minutes, or until tender. Add chicken broth and potatoes.
- Bring to a boil and cook 12 to 15 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until heated through. Serve immediately.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip:
- This is a great way to use up your leftover rotisserie chicken; turn it into another weeknight meal that's as comforting as it is tasty!
- If you're craving more amazing soup recipes, try our Copycat Autumn Squash Soup, our Leftover Ham Bone Soup, or our classic New England Clam Chowder.
- Looking for something fantastic to serve with this delicious soup recipe? We suggest our Parmesan Onion Board!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take the stress out of dinnertime by preparing our easy Weeknight Pesto Chicken! This simple chicken dinner recipe is made with some pretty basic ingredients, but packs in a whole lot of flavor. The best part is that it looks like something that took hours to make (We won't tell if you don't!).