Spinach Potato Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The lunch bunch flips for this soup, especially when it's paired with a hearty sandwich. When I serve this, "Fill 'em up and watch 'em go!" is the motto at my house!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium-sized potatoes, diced
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 (15-ounce) cans Great Northern beans, undrained
- 2 (10-ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 5 ounces fresh spinach, washed, trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes, onion, and garlic and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Mash one can of beans with a fork and add to the soup pot along with the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 30 minutes so the flavors can "marry", stirring occasionally.
Mashing one can of the beans creates a thicker soup, but if you prefer a broth-type of soup, just add the beans straight from the can, without mashing.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The Ultimate Hero Burger is going to be your new favorite ground beef recipe, and we know it will be a hit this Memorial Day Weekend! This take on this classic burger recipe is our juciest and most flavorful yet. Friends and family will be crowding around the grill, clamoring for their burger patty!