Shepherd's Pie Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We took the taste of an English favorite and added a healthy dose of comfort to create Shepherd's Pie Soup. Mmm! Soup's on, and it's not just a plain old soup!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cups water
- 4 3/4 cups beef broth
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen diced potatoes (about 4 cups)
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups instant potato flakes
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, cook ground beef 8 to 10 minutes, or until browned and no pink remains; drain.
- Add remaining ingredients except potato flakes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 15 minutes. Stir in potato flakes and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until thickened. Serve immediately.
If you enjoyed this cozy soup recipe, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Comfort Food for the Soul: 40 of Our Best Stews and Easy Soup Recipes.
- Plus, for more twists on a classic shepherd's pie, check out our recipes for Easy Dinner Pie and Cottage Pie.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our All American Skillet Goulash takes a few tasty liberties with traditional goulash and makes an all American goulash that's praise-worthy. Wait 'til you taste our budget-friendly, skillet version that is pure hearty comfort food.