Summer's Best Fish Chowder
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether you call it chowder or "chowda", you'll love the fresh taste and the creamy texture of this throw-together one pot.
What You'll Need
- 6 cups (1-1/2 quarts) milk
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen peas
- 2 pounds fresh or frozen catfish, thawed if frozen, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups instant mashed potatoes
What to Do
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, combine all ingredients except potato flakes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in potato flakes then simmer 3 to 5 additional minutes, or until thickened. Serve immediately.
For more great recipes using catfish, click here.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These are a real Southern specialty; if you've never had the chance to try them, you'd better get ready to eat more than one! These Tangy Pickled Eggs are an old-fashioned Southern recipe that is now easy to make at home! Just a few easy steps and simple ingredients and you'll be making Tangy Pickled Eggs in no time!