Tomato 'n' Grilled Cheese Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Do you like to dunk pieces of grilled cheese inside your tomato soup? Most of us do! This pair goes so well together, we thought we'd make them a part of the same dish, which is how we came up with this recipe for Tomato 'n' Grilled Cheese Soup!
What You'll Need
- 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
- 2 slices homestyle white bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
What to Do
- In a large soup pot over medium-high heat, combine tomatoes, sugar, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low and slowly stir in heavy cream. Simmer 5 to 7 minutes, or until heated through. Do not allow to boil.
- Toast bread, evenly spread with butter, then cut into 1-inch pieces. Place 3 pieces on each serving of soup then sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.