Vegetable Cheese Chowder
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a simple, but sure to get raves, vegetable chowder that lets you use any combination of veggies. Wanna clean out your refrigerator vegetable bin? Try this.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
What to Do
- Put the water, broth, carrots, onion, garlic, and pepper in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the broccoli; return soup to a boil.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour and milk in a small bowl, stirring well. Slowly add flour mixture to the boiling soup, stirring constantly.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until thickened and bubbling. Stir in the cheese. Serve immediately.
- Makes about 6 servings.
Use any combination of veggies - fresh, frozen, or even leftovers. If using cooked vegetables, add them after stirring the flour mixture into the soup base.