Beef and Groundnut Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
At Kwanzaa, this is a traditional recipe that's included in the 7-day African-American and Pan-African celebration of family, community and culture.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium-sized onions, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
What to Do
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add beef and onions, stirring until beef is browned. Add water, tomatoes, green chilies, ground red pepper, and salt, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 1-1/2 hours, or until beef is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter with 1 cup of the stew juices, slowly stirring in the juices. Stir the mixture into the stew then simmer 2 minutes, or until heated through.
I recommend serving this over a bed of hot cooked rice to enjoy every last bit of its rich sauce.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 551
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37g 57 %
- Saturated Fat 9.4g 47 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 43g 86 %
- Cholesterol 94mg 31 %
- Sodium 750mg 31 %
- Total Carbohydrates 15g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.3g 17 %
- Sugars 7.2g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This easy recipe is sure to become a family-favorite! Our Beef 'n' Broccoli Noodle Toss is an Asian-inspired dish that starts with budget-friendly ramen noodles. Whip it up for a quick weeknight dinner that's sure to please everyone!