Hoppin' John Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Hoppin' John Stew is our take on a traditional Southern dish made from black-eyed peas. It's loaded with hearty ingredients like smoked sausage, black-eyed peas, and rice for a down-South flavor combination you'll want to eat all the time!
What You'll Need
- 4 (15.8-ounce) cans black-eyed peas, undrained
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with celery, onion, and green bell pepper, undrained
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
What to Do
- Combine all ingredients in a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 8 hours.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Life gets busy and sometimes, that means we need quick breakfast ideas we can take on-the go. Well, it doesn't get much quicker than our Breakfast in a Mug recipe. You can make this in the microwave in less than 5 minutes. Wanna know the best part? You can grab the mug and go! No more excuses to skip the most important meal of the day.