Hearty Amish Chicken Stew
This down-on-the-farm, Amish-style, comforting one-pot stew is sure to take the chill out of a winter night. Anytime you have a hungry gang and don't want to resort to fast food, this quick-cooking Hearty Amish Chicken Stew will be ready before you know it.
This will thicken up as it sits, so you may want to add additional water when you reheat any leftovers.
This one-pot meal has it all! The only thing we'd suggest adding is a bread basket with some delicious buttery breadsticks and some warm biscuits. And if you'd like to check out more of our Amish-style recipes, go ahead and try our Amish Beef Barley Soup and our Amish Ham and Cheese Casserole. There are lots more on our website.
Make sure to check out all of our Amish favorites in our free eCookbook, Welcome to Amish Country: 16 Easy Amish Recipes from Mr. Food.
Cooking Time40 min
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces bowtie pasta
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skinned, boned, and shredded (about 3 cups)
Read NextStuffed Cabbage Stew