Wintry Chicken Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When the cold winds are howling and we need to warm up, what could be better than a hot 'n' hearty bowl of stew chock-full of everybody's favorite...chicken! Our recipe for Wintry Chicken Stew is thick and creamy with plenty of veggies and rice that'll give you an extra dose of comfort.
What You'll Need
- 1 (3 to 3-1/2 pound chicken), cut into 8 pieces
- 4 baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and quartered
- 1 (15-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup long grain rice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups fresh spinach
What to Do
- In a soup pot, combine all ingredients except heavy cream and spinach and bring to a boil over high heat..
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 45 to 50 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the center, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cream and spinach and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
Serve this hearty chicken stew with a side of Better Buttermilk Biscuits for dunkin'!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 546
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 15g 22 %
- Saturated Fat 6.2g 31 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 52g 103 %
- Cholesterol 161mg 54 %
- Sodium 1,711mg 71 %
- Total Carbohydrates 56g 19 %
- Dietary Fiber 7.8g 31 %
- Sugars 8.5g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Whether love is in the air, or you're just hanging out with a good friend, we have the perfect dinner for two! Our Garlic Steamed Clams are seasoned to perfection! Plus, when you serve 'em up with a side of cheesy bread, we bet that no matter what the occasion, you'll have a night to remember!