Creole Fish Chowder
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This hearty down-in-the-Bayou style flavorful Creole Fish Chowder has just the right combo of spice to make it robust, without going overboard. Enjoy it anytime you crave a taste of "nawlins."
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes
- 1 bag (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 pound frozen fish fillets, thawed slightly and chunked
What to Do
- In a soup pot, combine the onion, cayenne pepper, tomato sauce, garlic powder, bay leaves, and whole tomatoes; simmer for 10 minutes. Add frozen vegetables and simmer for 10 minutes more.
- Add fish; cover and simmer for another 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.
- Be sure to remove the bay leaves before serving.
If you want, you can use fresh fish instead of frozen. Or for a change, you can use canned stewed tomatoes and add your favorite seasonings to spice it up.