We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A little of this and a little of that make this Mexicana Stew a zesty dinner choice!
What You'll Need
- 3 pounds beef flank steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 pounds fresh mushrooms, cut in half
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (4-ounce) cans chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup Chianti or other dry red wine
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine steak and flour; toss to evenly coat the steak.
- In a soup pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook 5 to 6 minutes, or until all sides are browned, stirring constantly.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 2 to 2-1/2 hours, or until beef is fork-tender, stirring occasionally.
Served over hot cooked rice, this makes a satisfying one-bowl meal.