We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Crisp on the outside and juicy on the inside -- thats how to describe a deep-fried turkey. Once you try it, you may never go back to traditional oven-roasted turkey! And this indoor option has safety in mind, as well as taste.
What You'll Need
- Vegetable oil (enough for frying)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 thawed turkey (maximum 14 pounds)
What to Do
- Fill turkey fryer pot with oil to the oil line. Bring oil to 400 degrees F. (See Notes)
- In a small bowl, combine onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Rub mixture over turkey, coating evenly.
- Place turkey horizontally, breast up, in basket. Wearing a long barbecue mitt, slowly lower the basket with the turkey into the oil. Cook 3 minutes per pound then add 5 minutes to the total cooking time. (Example: A 14-pound turkey should cook 47 minutes.) Turkey may float before cooking time is complete, but continue cooking for total amount of calculated time.
- When turkey is done, turn off the appliance. Slowly and carefully remove the basket, attaching hook to basket handle. Allow the turkey to drain and cool.