We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This recipe comes courtesy of Carrian from Sweet Basil who says, "This is the ultimate week night meal because it takes hardly any prep work, (you can even chop the veggies, and make the patties a day ahead) and you can grill outside or in a pan over the stove. Plus, who doesn't love a juicy burger all year round?!"
What You'll Need
- 1 Package Lean Ground Turkey (About 1-1/3 pounds)
- 1 1/2 to 2 Tablespoons Fajita Seasoning (See Note)
- 1/4 cup Diced Green Chilies
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro, Chopped (optional)
- Salt and Pepper (to season the top and bottom of burger before grilling)
- SAUTEED PEPPERS
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1/2 Sweet Onion, sliced
- 4 buns
- 4 slices Sharp Cheddar Cheese
What to Do
- Heat a large saute pan over medium high heat. Drizzle in a little oil, enough to coat the bottom of the pan, and throw in your onions and peppers as soon as the oil begins to shimmer. Toss the veggies once to mix everything and distribute the oil. Turn the heat down to medium low and allow to cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender and the onions are translucent and beginning to caramelize. Remove from the heat.
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat, and make sure the grill is well greased so the burgers don't stick. (You can totally use a grill pan in the house which is what we did the second time around, and it worked perfectly). Pat out each patty, leaving a small indentation in the center to promote even cooking. Season with salt and pepper. Place the burger on the grill, season the other side and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until desired doneness. The last minute of cooking, place the cheese on each burger and close the lid so it can get all melty.
- Place the burger on each bun, top with loads of onions and peppers, and a couple pinches of chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
- Check out more of Carrian's fantastic recipes on her blog: Sweet Basil!
- This recipe was a finalist in our Search for the Ultimate Weeknight Meal Contest!
- Note that if you don't have Fajita Seasoning, you can substitute 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin, 1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder, 3/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder, and 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're a fan of chicken and waffles then we've got a stress-free way to make dinner that uses your favorite frozen breaded chicken tenders from the freezer aisle! This recipe is also versatile because you can make it in the oven, or in an air fryer! Everyone will love our Bacon 'n' Fried Chicken Wafflewich as a hearty twist on a classic favorite!