Grilled Turkey and Pear Kebabs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Do you have two pears? No, not as in playing cards, but for the main ingredient to share the skewers with the turkey breast!
What You'll Need
- 4 (12-inch) wooden or metal skewers
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup light rum
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium-sized red bell peppers, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 fresh pears, cored and cut into 8 wedges each
- 1 pound boneless, skinless turkey breast cutlets, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
What to Do
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 15 to 20 minutes. Preheat the broiler.
- In a small bowl, combine apple juice, rum, honey and cinnamon; mix until thoroughly combined. Place 3/4 cup of the mixture in a small saucepan and reserve the remaining mixture for basting the kebabs.
- On each skewer, thread alternating pieces of pepper, pear, and turkey, starting and ending with a piece of pepper.
- Broil kebabs 20 to 25 minutes, or until no pink remains in turkey, basting every 5 minutes with the reserved honey mixture.
- Meanwhile, dissolve cornstarch in the 3/4 cup honey mixture and heat over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until thick and glossy. Remove from heat. Drizzle heated honey sauce over kebabs.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.