We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Herb-Roasted Turkey is hands-down one of the most flavorful and moist recipes we've tried. And when you're busy with other holiday preparations, you'll really appreciate how simple it is to prepare.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (12- to 14-pound) turkey, thawed if frozen
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, divided
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a large roasting pan with cooking spray. Remove neck and giblets from turkey and reserve them for another use or discard them. Rinse turkey inside and out with cold water then pat dry and place in prepared pan.
- In a food processor, combine basil leaves, 1/4 cup parsley, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and black pepper, and process until smooth. Brush half of the herb mixture on outside of turkey. Place lemon and remaining 1/4 cup parsley into cavity of turkey.
- Add enough water to roasting pan to fill it 1/4-inch deep. Cover turkey loosely with aluminum foil. Roast 3 hours, basting occasionally with pan juices.
- Remove foil and baste with remaining half of herb mixture; roast about 30 more minutes, or until internal temperature of the thickest part of the thigh registers 180 degrees F. on a meat thermometer.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe was inspired by Elvis, who had a love for all things peanut butter, bananas, and bacon! We may not be able to perform rock 'n' roll like our good friend, Terry Buchwald, but our Peanut Butter Banana French Toast Bake is our way of paying tribute to the King.