Barbecue Turkey Loaves
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The key to this heart-healthier version of meat loaf is ground turkey breast and old-fashioned rolled oats. Together they make for mini hearty Barbecue Turkey Loaves that will surprise everyone with their great taste.
What You'll Need
- 6 tablespoons barbecue sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 red or green bell pepper, chopped
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce and the water. Add oats, egg whites, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, and salt; mix well. Add turkey, onion, and bell pepper; mix well.
- Form mixture into 6 oval-shaped meat loaves, and place in prepared baking dish; bake 30 minutes.
- Spread remaining 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce over the tops and bake 5 more minutes, or until meat loaves are cooked through and juices run clear.
Switch up the taste each time you make these by using a different brand or flavor of barbecue sauce! Maybe smoky one time, zesty the next, and so on!
Nutritional analysis courtesy of the American Diabetes Association
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!