Sloppy Joes Stuffed Peppers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We ditched the buns to come up with another way to enjoy one of our favorite childhood dishes: sloppy joes. Our Sloppy Joes Stuffed Peppers are super loaded with more than just your typical seasonings. They've got corn, beans, peppers, onions, and more. Yummy!
What You'll Need
- 6 red bell peppers
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 (8-ounce) package frozen chopped peppers and onions, thawed
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (15-1/2-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 envelope Sloppy Joe seasoning
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Wash and cut the stem end off each pepper, then core, removing all seeds. Lightly grease a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large nonstick skillet, add remaining ingredients and cook 10 minutes, or until turkey is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- Evenly fill each pepper with turkey mixture and place in baking dish. Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until peppers are tender.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 326
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11g 17 %
- Saturated Fat 2.2g 11 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 22g 45 %
- Cholesterol 52mg 17 %
- Sodium 1,338mg 56 %
- Total Carbohydrates 35g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 7.7g 31 %
- Sugars 15g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're a lover of crispy-crunchy snacks, then you're really going to enjoy this recipe for Crispy Green Bean Fries. Lightly-breaded green beans are baked until they're perfectly crispy, so you can enjoy healthier and yummier snacking.