Turkey Cacciatore Meatballs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Sauce on the inside, sauce on the outside...plus a load of flavor in each bite! These turkey meatballs will have you saying "Mangia!"
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 of a medium-sized green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 of a medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, green pepper, onion, 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce, the eggs, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and black pepper. With your hands, combine the mixture until thoroughly mixed and form into about 2 dozen meatballs; set aside.
- In a soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Place the meatballs in the bottom of the pot a few at a time and brown for 2 to 3 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Add more meatballs as some are browned and continue cooking until all are browned.
- Drain off the excess liquid and add the remaining spaghetti sauce to the pot; reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the meatballs are cooked through.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Calories 1,204
- Calories from Fat 570
- Total Fat 63g 97 %
- Saturated Fat 16g 79 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 75g 150 %
- Cholesterol 365mg 122 %
- Sodium 4,568mg 190 %
- Total Carbohydrates 84g 28 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.7g 19 %
- Sugars 25g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.