Eggplant and Veal with Penne
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you shy away from making eggplant because you only know one way to prepare it, it's time to team it with some new friends. You'll have a real hit on your hands...promise!
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium-sized onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 pounds veal stew meat, trimmed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium-sized eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped black olives, drained
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound penne pasta, cooked, drained, and kept warm
What to Do
- Heat the oil in a 6-quart pressure cooker over high heat. Add the onions and veal and cook, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the veal is no longer pink. Add the remaining ingredients except the pasta. Lock the lid in place and bring to full pressure over high heat. When the pressure regulator begins to rock, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 8 minutes. Cool cooker at once by placing under cold running water until steam no longer escapes from the vent pipe and the pressure is completely reduced. Remove the lid, stir in the pasta, and serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 963
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 26g 40 %
- Saturated Fat 3.5g 17 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 64g 128 %
- Cholesterol 191mg 64 %
- Sodium 1,822mg 76 %
- Total Carbohydrates 114g 38 %
- Dietary Fiber 8.9g 36 %
- Sugars 18g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.