Amazing Asparagus Quiche
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Get a taste of the spring with our recipe for Amazing Asparagus Quiche. This quiche is good enough to take along to a picnic, serve to Mom at a surprise brunch, or make any time you're craving a flavorful breakfast quiche! It really is amazing!
What You'll Need
- 1 refrigerated rolled pie crust (from a 15-ounce package)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded white Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 11 spears fresh asparagus, cut into 4-inch lengths, lightly blanched
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Unroll pie crust and place in a 9-inch pie plate.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cheeses; mix well and sprinkle evenly over pie crust. Place asparagus spears over cheese in shape of sunburst. (See photo.)
- In a small bowl,whisk eggs, half-and-half, onion powder, and pepper until thoroughly combined. Pour over asparagus.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until firm and a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes, then slice and serve.
- Frozen asparagus spears work just as well.
- Check out our recipe for roasted asparagus -- what a great way to enjoy this springtime vegetable!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This hearty, all-in-one, beefed-up dinner will definitely knock your lederhosen socks off! Our Slow Cooker Short Ribs and Cabbage is a German-inspired dish that features meaty ribs in a sweet and tangy sauce with lots of cabbage. It's a slow cooker dinner that'll have everyone saying, "Ach Das Schmeckt!" (That's "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!" in German!)