Better Baked Beans
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Simple home-style food - you've got it in these baked beans. Ah-ha! Wait 'til you see how simple. It turns canned baked beans into a world of richness.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (4 ounces) diced cooked ham or smoked turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 cup pineapple chunks in heavy syrup, drained with syrup reserved
- 2 (1-pound) cans pork and beans or vegetarian beans
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 1-1/2-quart baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine ham, mustard, brown sugar, onion, pineapple, and 1/4 cup reserved pineapple syrup.
- Spoon 1 can of beans into baking dish. Spoon pineapple mixture over beans; top with remaining can of beans.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until brown and bubbly on top.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 264
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3g 3 %
- Saturated Fat 0.3g 1 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 14g 28 %
- Cholesterol 20mg 7 %
- Sodium 757mg 32 %
- Total Carbohydrates 53g 18 %
- Dietary Fiber 8.8g 35 %
- Sugars 29g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We put a shortcut twist on the time-honored recipe for Amish Friendship Bread. Instead of passing around a starter, our Amish Friendship Bread recipe makes enough for two loaves, so you can just call your friends and invite them over to enjoy the finished product!