Skillet Eggplant Parmigiana
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When time is short and the weather is warm, keep your cool and your kitchen cool by making our hearty Skillet Eggplant Parmigiana. This twist on the classic Italian favorite will make you a kitchen hero.
What You'll Need
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 medium eggplant (about 1 pound), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1 (24-ounce) jar marinara sauce, divided
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Place eggs in a shallow dish and beat lightly. Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish.
- Dip eggplant slices in egg then place in bread crumbs and pat crumbs lightly onto both sides.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat until hot. Fry eggplant 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until golden, adding more oil as needed. Remove to platter.
- When finished frying eggplant, discard oil and place 3/4 cup sauce in skillet. Layer with fried eggplant then spoon 3/4 cup sauce over eggplant and sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Repeat layers 2 more times, finishing with sauce and reserving 1/2 cup cheese.
- Cover and heat 12 to 15 minutes on medium-low heat. Remove cover and sprinkle with remaining cheese; cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Looking for more tasty recipes with eggplant? Click here to check out our collection of Easy Eggplant Recipes: 17 Simple Recipes with Eggplant.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These are a real Southern specialty; if you've never had the chance to try them, you'd better get ready to eat more than one! These Tangy Pickled Eggs are an old-fashioned Southern recipe that is now easy to make at home! Just a few easy steps and simple ingredients and you'll be making Tangy Pickled Eggs in no time!