Crab Stuffed Peppers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Stuffed with pure deliciousness, these Crab Stuffed Peppers are the ultimate in yumminess and we can't get enough of 'em!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound fresh crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or parsley
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 large red or green bell peppers
- Chopped fresh basil
What to Do
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir in mayonnaise, lemon juice, and hot sauce. Cover and chill.
- Meanwhile, cut peppers into 1-1/2-inch strips. (For bite-size pieces, cut strips in half crosswise.) Spoon crab filling onto pepper strips, and top with minced basil.
Nothin' beats the taste of fresh crabmeat, but hey, it's not always in the budget! We've found a suitable substitute that works quite well - imitation crabmeat, also called surimi. It's colored and flavored to resemble crabmeat but is actually made from a mild, white-fleshed fish. And it's a fraction of the price!