Sweet Onion Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This takes plain old onions and so easily turns them into a throw-together, perfect side dish for any main course. So what if you decide on your side dish first and then worry about what you're gonna buy at the market for the "biggie"? Maybe add a little zip by adding barbecue-flavored chips, or sprinkle in some tarragon for a French taste or some oregano for tilting it toward Italy, or ... whatever you want.
What You'll Need
- 2 (10-3/4-ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 Spanish onions, sliced into 1/4-inch rings
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (10-ounce) package potato chips, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blend the soup and milk in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange half the onion rings in the bottom of a greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Cover with half the cheese, then half the potato chips. Repeat layers.
- Pour soup mixture over layers. Cover and bake for 45 minutes. Remove cover, sprinkle with paprika and cook for 15 more minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Check This Out!
- Want more easy onion recipes? Try our Roasted Sweet Onions, or our Crispy Buttermilk Onion Rings.
- We've got more simple casserole recipes where this came from! You'll love our Golden Squash Casserole, our Hawaiian Chicken and Rice Casserole, or our Satisfying Shepherd's Pie.
- Follow this meal with one of these tasty desserts! Make our Chocolate-Topped Banana Cake, or our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Easter Egg Bread recipe is sure to become an Easter tradition for years to come! This eye-catching Easter bread recipe is a pull-apart sweet bread that has colorful Easter eggs baked right in. It's such a sweet and colorful dessert, no one will be able to resist pulling off a piece of this Easter bread recipe. Kids and adults alike will love tearing off a piece and enjoying this sweet, festive sweet bread recipe.