Down Home Succotash
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Make the most of frozen foods and the staples you keep in your pantry to whip up this favorite classic tonight.
What You'll Need
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen petite lima beans
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen yellow and white corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper or black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups milk
What to Do
- Cook lima beans according to package directions; drain.
- Pulse corn in a food processor 8 to 10 times or until coarsely chopped.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly; stir in sugar, salt, and pepper. Gradually add milk, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in corn, and cook 12 to 15 minutes or until corn is tender and mixture is thickened, stirring often. Stir in drained lima beans. Garnish with cooked, crumbled bacon, if desired, and serve immediately.