Fancy Stuffed Zucchini
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're having company over, they'll be wowed by this recipe for Fancy Stuffed Zucchini. It's doesn't take much, but this tender-roasted, veggie-stuffed dish is so good that your guests will be peeking in the kitchen to see if dinner was catered.
What You'll Need
- 4 medium to large zucchini
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup grated carrots, grated (about 1 cup)
- 1 small onion, chopped (about cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
- Wash the zucchini and remove the ends. Slice each zucchini lengthwise and scoop out the centers, reserving the pulp.
- In a medium-sized skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add the reserved zucchini pulp, carrots, onion, salt, and pepper. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until the zucchini is softened.
- Place in a large bowl and add the bread crumbs and Parmesan; mix well. Stuff the zucchini shells with the bread mixture. Place in a 9" x 13" baking dish that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the zucchini shells are fork-tender and the tops begin to brown.
Serve whole at a buffet or cut into serving-sized portions for family-style meals.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 261
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 13g 20 %
- Saturated Fat 2.6g 13 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 8.7g 17 %
- Cholesterol 4.8mg 2 %
- Sodium 506mg 21 %
- Total Carbohydrates 30g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.1g 16 %
- Sugars 8.5g 0 %