Green Bean, Walnut, and Feta Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Wanna know what's so great about this dish? The textures, flavors, and ingredients in this Green Bean, Walnut, and Feta Salad make it out of this world! Try it and see if you agree.
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 small purple onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (4-ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
What to Do
- Combine first 6 ingredients; cover and chill.
- Wash beans; trim ends, and remove strings. Cut beans into thirds, and arrange in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam 10 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Immediately plunge beans into cold water to stop the cooking process; drain and pat dry.
- Combine beans, walnuts, onion slices, and cheese in a large bowl; toss well. Cover and chill.
- Pour oil mixture over bean mixture 1 hour before serving; toss just before serving.
Tart feta cheese and earthy toasted walnuts go great with crisp fresh green beans. To toast the walnuts for this recipe, bake them in a shallow pan at 350 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes or until toasted, stirring occasionally.