Linguine with Eggplant
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's not easy getting finicky eaters to dig into their veggies, but it can be done if we sneak 'em into our pasta, like with this eggplant pasta recipe. Linguine with Eggplant is chock-full of fresh herbs, spices and veggies, so every forkful is packed with tasty nutrition and tons of flavor. This pasta recipe with eggplant is the perfect easy summer dinner to please the whole gang! And if you're looking for even more amazing recipes with eggplant, be sure to check out our whole collection of Easy Eggplant Recipes!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound linguine
- 2/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 small eggplant (about 1 pound total), cut into 1/2-inch chunks (see Notes)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- In a large pot, cook linguine according to package directions and drain. Place linguine in a large bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons oil; set aside.
- In the same pot, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Saute eggplant 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned. Add garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper, and saute about 5 more minutes.
- Add tomatoes, parsley, and linguine, and toss gently until heated through. Serve immediately.
- If you prefer, go ahead and peel the eggplant before cutting it into chunks.
- A warm, crusty hunk of garlic bread sure is the perfect way to sop up the sauce that's left on your plate.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Say hello to Your Family's Favorite Meatloaf recipe! Unlike other meatloaves that are sort of dry and tasteless, this one is super juicy and packed with flavor inside and out. And the combo of the bacon and the glaze makes this truly irresistible.