We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You're going to devour this Southern-style side dish! Our Down-Home Cabbage is a cabbage lover's dream, since it features lots of cabbage cooked with butter, bacon, onions, potatoes, and spices. Every bite will leave you saying, "Mmm!"
What You'll Need
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 strips bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small cabbage, cut into 1-inch strips
- 3 white potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups chicken broth
What to Do
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter; saute bacon, onion, and garlic until bacon is crispy.
- In a soup pot, place cabbage, potatoes, bacon mixture, salt, pepper, vinegar, and broth. Cover and cook on medium heat 15 minutes. Uncover and continue cooking 10 to 15 more minutes, or until cabbage and potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 250
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 15g 23 %
- Saturated Fat 7.2g 36 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 5.4g 11 %
- Cholesterol 31mg 10 %
- Sodium 903mg 38 %
- Total Carbohydrates 26g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.8g 23 %
- Sugars 6.0g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
What happens when you take a stuffed chicken recipe and combine it with a muffin tin recipe? You get our irresistible Stuffed Chicken Muffins! This dish is filled with a delicious cheesy Italian-style filling that everyone will love.