We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Better than sweet-and-sour, better than pickled, better than buttered. There isn't anybody who doesn't love carrots this way, and if you think this is sensational as a cold dish, try it as a hot dish. All you do is put it in a baking dish and heat it 'til it's warmed through; couldn't be easier, and besides, with reheating, it gets better every time.
What You'll Need:
- 5 cups frozen sliced carrots (a 20-ounce bag is 3 cups)
- 1 medium-sized onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into slivers
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 can (10 ounces) tomato soup
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan, cook the carrots in salted water until they are crisp-tender. Drain and let cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the onion and green pepper. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Add carrots and toss to coat.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least 12 hours or overnight. Drain off marinade and serve.
Even easier? Use canned carrots, then there's no cooking at all. It's just mixing. Yippee!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This is the perfect potato casserole for any occasion. It's just as good with your weeknight dinner as it is served for a company-fancy meal. Our Anytime Potatoes are creamy, dreamy, and easy to throw-together. And the crispy topping makes them extra-special!