Smothered Green Beans
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What are these green beans smothered in, you ask? We've just got an answer for you... bacon! Yup, that's right. Our Smothered Green Beans pairs up with one of our favorite ingredients, along with a few others, of course, to bring you a side dish that's going to be in high demand from the very first time you make it. It's the perfect side dish recipe for any night of the week, so get in the kitchen and get cookin'!
What You'll Need
- 4 to 6 bacon slices
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Cook celery and next 3 ingredients in hot drippings in skillet over medium-high heat 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and remaining 4 ingredients; cook 5 minutes or until beans are tender, stirring often. Stir in crumbled bacon.
The packaged pork tenderloins available in supermarkets, make quick, easy entree. Because they're already marinated, they can go straight for the package to your oven or grill.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We're taking you back to your cafeteria eatin' days with our recipe for Sloppy Joe Biscuit Bake. This easy casserole has so much old-fashioned taste, you're gonna be using the biscuits to soak up every last meaty and flavorful bite. Yum!