Smothered Green Beans
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What are these green beans smothered in, you ask? We've just got an answer for you... bacon! Yup, that's right. Our Smothered Green Beans pairs up with one of our favorite ingredients, along with a few others, of course, to bring you a side dish that's going to be in high demand from the very first time you make it. It's the perfect side dish recipe for any night of the week, so get in the kitchen and get cookin'!
What You'll Need
- 4 to 6 bacon slices
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Cook celery and next 3 ingredients in hot drippings in skillet over medium-high heat 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and remaining 4 ingredients; cook 5 minutes or until beans are tender, stirring often. Stir in crumbled bacon.
The packaged pork tenderloins available in supermarkets, make quick, easy entree. Because they're already marinated, they can go straight for the package to your oven or grill.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This one is pure comfort food heaven! Our hearty Cheesy Bacon Pierogi Bake is bursting with creamy texture and smoky flavor! This stick-to-your-ribs favorite doubles as both a main dish, or as a cheesy go-along. No matter how you serve this up, this all-in-one dish is perfect for any occasion!