Stuffed Peppers on the Side
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Stuffed Peppers on the Side are a hearty side dish that'll leave 'em satisfied but not stuffed!
What You'll Need
- 2 bell peppers, split lengthwise and cleaned
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ripe tomato, finely chopped
- 4 to 5 anchovies, chopped or ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 7- x 11-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Boil pepper halves for 4 to 5 minutes, until they begin to soften. Remove from boiling water and plunge into cold water.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and saute just until softened; do not burn. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients except Parmesan cheese; mix well.
- Fill peppers with mixture then place in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired. Bake 20 minutes.
Try stuffing mushroom halves, hollowed-out zucchini, garden-fresh tomatoes...the possibilities are endless. When using softer vegetables like these, you don't have to boil them first. Now, that's easy!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Thanks to shortcuts like frozen puff pastry, we're able to make jaw-dropping pastries like our Raspberry Cream Danish. These are filled with a homemade cream cheese filling, which makes them extra-special. A raspberry in the center and a sprinkle of powdered sugar are the finishing touches to this bakery-style treat.